Montana Rail Link
Nimrod Biological Assessment and Planting
- ERG completed a biological assessment for repairs to failing stream banks.
- Key issues were determination of impacts for bull trout and their critical habitat for this project which involved the excavation and disturbance of metal contaminated soils.
- Biological determinations of impact were also made for grizzly bear, Canada lynx, gray wolf.
- ERG completed informal consultation with USFWS.
- Disturbed areas were planted by ERG with native species to stabilize slopes and provide streamside shading.