Bureau of Indian Affairs
Pine Ridge Indian Tribe Reservation, Standing Rock Sioux Tribe, and Fort Berthold Indian Reservation Range Inventory and Similarity Index Survey
- ERG conducted ecological site and similarity index surveys for tribal lands on three Indian Reservations in the Dakotas.
- Field mapped water developments, noxious weeds, and prairie dog towns using Garmin GPS and managed very large Excel database customized to link to GIS data.
- Designed and printed field maps for over 2 million acres (over 1500 maps printed in-house).
- Created master map layout, geoprocessed data, and organized layers for a series of 800 different map designs.
- Deliverable maps included an atlas for each Reservation depicting field mapped data overlain on base layers at a scale of one inch to the mile.
- Custom field maps included an orthophoto background, soils and ecological site polygons, range unit boundaries, latitude/longitude navigational marks, and many layers to aid in field navigation such as roads, lakes, and streams.
- Surveyed up to 10,000 acres per day.